Shara Susannah Vincent
Senior Information Technology Entrepreneurial, Executive, Functional Architect, and Software Engineer that utilizes creativity, professional business acumen, and a large diverse knowledge base drawing upon 32 years of IT experience. Proficient at leading cross-functional and diverse teams for the procurement of business to systems translation(s) for multiple complex global software development projects from concept to release often located remotely without direct reporting relationships. Leverages leadership abilities and intuitive guidance from a multitude of knowledge sources for a one of a kind and rare human knowledge base in all tenets of IT software development.
Strengths and expertise
Performance Metrics * Causal Analysis * IT Data Centers and Proprietary Storage Architectures * Business Analysis * Project and RAD Program Management * Systems Analysis * Programming * Real Time Analytics and Business Intelligence Architectures *Social Media.Architectures*Team Mentor *Systems to Business Analysis Certified & Subject Matter Expert in (UML) Unified Modeling Language and Corporate Trainer
Key Strengths & Core Skills
- Operating System Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, MSDOS, UNIX (Solaris), Linux, Mac, OS/2, AIX, World Wide Web
- Server Platforms: Microsoft IIS; Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008; Microsoft Virtual Server 2005; VM Ware Server; Red-Hat Linux and its associated Virtual Server Platform; Progress and Round Table Server Platform
- Relational Databases: Oracle vs. 8i, 9i, ERP, DB2, SQL Server 6, 7, Progress – IDE and Database Platform
- Languages: Visual Basic 4, 5, & 6; Java 2; J2EE Java Beans; JSP; ASP; Progress Developer; X-Path; XML; HTML DHTML; COBOL; ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0
- IT Design Methods and Modeling: Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology and SME; Use Case Development; Unified Modeling Language (UML); Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD); Rapid Application Development (RAD) Methodology; Model View Controller Patterns; Feature Driven Development (FDD); Agile Modeling; eXtreme Programming
- Tools and Applications: Mercury Win Runner and Load Runner; IBM Rational Rose; IBM Clear-Case; IBM Clear Quest; IBM XDE; IBM Rational Requisite Pro; IBM Rational Robot; IBM Tivoli; IBM MQ Series; IBM MQ Work-flow Tool-set; Together Soft; MS Office: 2000, XP, 2003 and 2007
- Operational: Team Building and Coaching; Project Management; PMO/Portfolio Management; IT Governance; Team Facilitation; Training & Development; Internal Controls and Audit Management/Planning; Balanced Scorecard; SOX 404 and SAS 70 Compliance
- Research & Development: Global Knowledge Management for International Standards; Global PMO & International Outsourcing Standards; Competitor Analysis for Globalization; Global Temporary Organization's (Theories and Strategies); Change Management Leadership; Process Orchestration for Adaptive Computing Environments, including Global “Greener” Architectures.
“Susannah is a technical professional who is focused, detailed oriented and gets the job done! She is highly technical and performs successfully in roles that range from application architecture, project management, business analysis to system security. She gets the job done right the first time, on-time and under budget. Susannah is a true asset to any organization!
Debbie Bishop, Sr. Technical Recruiter”
“I've worked with Shara at Citigroup as a peer consultant and Shara was proficient at utilizing visual models organized around real-world ideas and within real-world organization for enhanced corporate realignment and reduced IT software development costs attributed to IT cost-overruns.
David Daniels, IT Professional”
- THE MVP CONNECTION, LLC (2008 - Present)
Owner, Executive Technical Consultant, and Chief Technology Officer
- Creator of the Live Streaming Media and Data Communication Hub, U.S. Patent No:8,706836 and its Continuation-in-Part, United States Patent Office, Application No. 13,555.
- Performs all technical research and analysis, including system architecture documents and models for the viability and usability in accordance to market needs.
- Designs and establishes the service life-cycle management models for new product development and patent initiatives, ensuring constant viability within the technical and service markets.
- Other initiatives include:
Successfully designed, developed, and implemented rich internet corporate websites, prototypes, wireframes, including a multi-billion dollar construction company. The initiatives also included working with and for the people of the organization to deliver a variety of short-term contractual client release assignments on-time and within budget; including a successful life-cycle structure for effective technical to business translation and mentoring. Paired down and Translated all federal compliance documentation for the electronic disclosure of rules and policies.
- BLUE FROG SOLUTIONS, Pompano Beach, Florida (December 2006 – April 2007)
Sr. Business Product Analyst Consultant
- Acted in a leadership role as a Sr. Business Product and Business Intelligence agent for the procurement and enhancement of an on-line electronic order entry system ear-marked for several large insurance giants in the Life and Annuities sectors.
- Worked interactively with various internal, external, and technical project teams for the procurement of client specific requirements, enhancement requests, upgrades, and interface routines. Executed x-path forms and application driven business rules in an x-path “like” proprietary macro language for business rules definition and engine maintenance; data mapping specifications for multiple XML interfaces; meta-data issue resolution, tracking, and reporting.
- This position and role when the management team decided to offshore most of its workforce to India.
- IT PROJECT CONSULTANT (September 2002 – July 2006)
KEY CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS:
- Citigroup Corporate Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, March 2005 – July 2006.
- Acted in a senior blended leadership role. Worked with five different international corporate entities in five different countries for corporate compliance resolutions that included USA-NY, London, Hong Kong, Mexico, and various LATAM regions. Organized and facilitated strategic planning interviews and collaborative workshops with various lines of business (LOB(s)) and Service managers to determine the most appropriate, cost effective, and innovative solutions for global compliance and risk management in support of the enterprise business teams.
- Designed and developed a methodology for adequate translation of complex business requirements to internal IT teams for successful implementation in support of qualitative and quantitative operational analysis, process mapping, risk control points, self assessments, thresholds and alerts, causal analysis, scenario mapping, key risk indicator analysis and mappings.
- Designed, developed, and deployed an IT (UML) Unified Modeling Language training pilot initiative to a broad Information Technology Group, including Risk Architecture. Recognized as a successful initiative from the highest levels at Citigroup Corporate in New York, including but not limited to the IT Director for Risk Architecture.
- UniGroup, Inc. World Headquarters, Fenton, Missouri, Systems Development Manager & BI Analyst,
June 2003-November 2004
- Acted in a leadership role for multiple service UniGroup private industries relating to the transportation and moving industry.
- Brought valuable cross-functional expertise across complicated business cultures through the proper facilitation and technical planning across corporate shared services leading to a new and automated business channel for a proprietary Order-to-Cash back-end system for the moving/transportation industry.
- Acted as the translation bridge between the technical development teams and pure business logic teams or (SME(s)) Subject Matter Experts through the coordination of activities across complicated business domains and multiple cross-functional IT teams. This facilitation lead to the definition of new standards and guidelines across multiple corporate, but independent service structures, through the effective management of the service definition business process, that successfully implemented the data back-plane and service infrastructure.
- Spearheaded and led the creation of a new corporate-wide quality assurance department. Hired and supervised five quality testers for the new department. Acknowledged by the Systems Development Director as the first consultant and temporary employee to have internal management duties at World Headquarters that helped achieve IT team recognition for superior performance by the Board of Directors and various Service Management teams.
- Wells Fargo Capital Investment, Clayton, Missouri, Sr. Data Warehouse Technical Consultant, December 2002 – May 2003.
- Rescued a seriously behind $30 million project, while providing technical guidance and mentoring for the development of several next-generation subsystems including the deployment of a large super-ordinate and distributed data warehousing system. Chosen from a field of 600 applicants to lead the initiative, which successfully aligned complex and fragmented legacy data into several subsystems for corporate SOX compliance. Life-cycle Mentor and UML Trainer (RUP) for several varied IT technical groups. Responsible for dimensional modeling, technical architecture documentation, source system (legacy data extracts) to new Data Staging environment, and end-user analytic needs
- Express Scripts, Earth City, Missouri, Sr. Technical Business Intelligence Analyst, September 2002 –
- Provided technical direction and guidance in a blended business intelligence leadership role for the development of a highly efficient business distribution and supply chain procurement process that included the successful implementation of varying business methods for a successful e-commerce web platform for a first of its kind in the pharmaceutical company.
- Successfully applied analytical and business skills to lead the e-commerce team in a last phase implementation allowing over 100,000 connected customers and suppliers direct portal access to relevant pharmaceutical and business utilization data.
- Received award recognition for superior work performance and playing a key role in acquiring next phase initiative with Express Scripts, valued at $20 million. Partnered with various global business groups for use case requirements gathering, life-cycle mentoring, project life-cycle management, and UML business process modeling.
- Citigroup Corporate Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst, March 2005 – July 2006.
- GUIDEONE INSURANCE, West Des Moines, IA (August 1998 – May 2000)
E-Commerce Rapid Application Develop Program Director
- Hired to assist in the start-up of a new spin-off vertical organization and technical infrastructure for a multi-billion dollar insurance corporation that utilized multiple but “cutting edge” technologies. The strategic initiative targeted 75,000 independent, career and commercial agents in the Property and Casualty sectors. Responsible for work-flows and design specifications, change management processes, functional analysis processes, and requirements.
Live Streaming Media and Data Communication Hub as a "Patented Publication" and its Continuation-In-Part, United States Patent Office (USPTO) June 17, 2010
Authors: Shara Susannah Vincent
- The present invention relates to a method for the automation of remote data services, network services, data communications, data storage, and data storage retrieval to promote a new global distributed virtual live streaming and BI hub for enhanced remote social learning and communication, global business intelligence, and energy efficiency.
- Broward County Community College, FL, 2008 - Area of Concentration: Globalization & Information Architecture (28 credit hours)
- Hamilton Community College, IA, 1999 - Area of Concentration: Various Microsoft Classes for Microsoft Solutions Window Developer (18 Credit Hours)
- Simpson College, IA, 2000 - Area of Concentration: Object Orient Programming / Sun Java 2 (6 Credit Hours)
- American Business Institute, IA, 1999 - Area of Concentration: MSCE Windows (24 Credit Hours)
- Arkansas College, AR, 1980 – 1982 Area of Concentration: General Core (58 Credit Hours)
- 157 Total College Hours or 5 Years of Studies
- Specialized Skills Technical Classes: Java Server pages (JSP's), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Rational/Building J2EE Applications with RUP, Rational/Rational Rose Tool Class, Rational/Analysis and Design with UML
- Technical Training Classes: Java2, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB's), Rational/Building J2EE Applications with RUP, Rational/Analysis and Design, Visual Basic 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 • MS Access 97
- Project Management: Project Management and Life-cycle Management (90-Day Training and Certification by Systemation Training Institute)